FEEDBACK – RESULTS WITHOUT ANXIETY
Feedback sessions that achieve purpose without the anxiety
Whilst most people desire feedback to improve their skills, formal works place Feedback sessions are feared by both the supervisor and the recipients. They are often left “ to when I have more time” or when a major event has happened or failed.
Good feedback sessions can lead to great outcome and growth for all. They do however need commitment and pre-planning thought:
The following topics will be covered.
- a) Set up a good early relationship to enhance future discussions.
- b) Timeliness.
- c)Uninterrupted one-on-one .
- d) Clear agenda .
- e) Clear expectations.
- f) Positive and Constructive.
- g) Difficult conversations.
- h) Managing a team member who is having difficulty.
- i) Seeking advice.